Are you a kind of person who likes to go camping? Or an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) responding to a person that is in the state of hypothermia? Well, if you are a camper or an EMT, or just an ordinary person seeking for comfort in a cold and lonesome night.
Introducing to you the “EMERGENCY BLANKET” a revolutionary product that could change your view of “comfort” in a cold and rainy night, “portability” and bringing your “survival skills” to the max!
The Emergency Blanket was 1st introduced in the 1950’s and it was known as the “Space Blanket”. It was made out of plastic sheeting vapor-coated with metallic particles and was used as a wall covering for bathrooms. But the trend didn’t last that long. NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) then saw the advantages of the material that could repel the intense heat of the sun and protect the dark side of a spacecraft from the subzero coldness of space. By the 1969 Apollo 11 touch down on the moon, the fabric was advanced and Neil Armstrong’s space suit was made out of the space blanket material that included a layer of pure gold.
The Emergency Blanket can be bought at a low price and can be bought at selected stores in the Philippines and the rest of the world. Today the Blanket is made out of metallised polyester film that can reflect 90% of radiated heat, the blanket is also strong, waterproof, can stand in wet weather, packed in pocket sized packet and it’s also disposable.
10 out of the many survival and medical uses of the Emergency Blanket:
- It can be used for wrapping yourself for warmth
- It can be used for small rain shelter
- It can be used for the treatment of hypothermia
- It can be used for tying splints for sprained or broken bones
- It can be used as a flotation device
- It can be used as an improvised anchor
- It can be used to reset a broken arm
- It can be used as an improvised hammock
- It can be used as an outdoor refrigerator and
- It can be used to heat water and start a camp fire.